Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Country Club View of Planned Parenthood

When I speak of country clubs, I speak with authority. After all, I'm a WASP and I've spent a good chunk of my life dallying at these institutions of pure right wing conservative Republicanism. (Is there any other kind of Republicanism now that the extremists have run the moderates out of sight?) I haven't been undercover trying to change them quietly either because that is impossible. I've simply enjoyed the tennis, golf, food without a line, etc. for which I appologize. I have kept my ears open, however, and there is considerable confusion at "The Club" over Planned Parenthood. Most members think Planned Parenthood is organized late term, baby killing abortion. Just ask Senator John Kyle. They don't know about PP's pregnancy prevention program or women's health services and, surprisingly, they don't care. You see, Republicans today, by and large, don't give a hoot about the poor and they aren't very sensitive when it comes to women either. The poor don't pay their own way and they shouldn't have sex in the first place. That's the way they breed, after all, and the offspring of poor people become thugs or welfare queens who have babies to make money which makes it very expensive. We can't afford welfare programs that are almost as costly as defense expenditures ( in their view) especially during a budget crisis that's got Jamie Dimon at JP Morgan Chase taking down less than $21 million last year. Normally, Republicans would be for anyone's pregnancy prevention programs, but conditions now are really serious and they want, if you'll excuse the pun, to throw the baby out with the bath water, the office furniture, NPR, Poison Control and everything else. That's the only way to deal with a nagging problem like this that's upsetting and confusing people at The Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment